The ASBMB is devoted to building a national network of undergraduate students and faculty for the advancement of research, education, and science outreach. Our mission is to provide networking opportunities and career development opportunities at regional and national conferences, access to research and science outreach, as well as grants and awards to facilitate these aims.
Davis Chapter Goals
- Recruit student members to the chapter
- Maintain active ASBMB membership for all members of the UAN
- Maintain an updated list of all student members and their contact information
- Conduct science outreach and sponsor high school science fairs
- Organize regional poster conferences
- Attend and support education sessions at the ASBMB Annual Meeting
- Generate articles for Enzymatic
- Organize journal clubs
- Organize and support UAN Honor Society
- To assist in the development of strong undergraduate programs in biochemistry and molecular biology.
- To provide undergraduate programs with access to seminar speakers and regional programs and symposia
- To foster interactions between undergraduate educational and outreach programs both regionally and nationally.
- To recognize outstanding educational activities in the area of biochemistry and molecular biology by individuals and by programs.
Who Can Join?
Anyone! If you're interested in learning more about biochemistry, just come to our general meetings biweekly every other Tuesday and fill out our membership form. Click here to see more about our club membership.